CAN YOU IMPLEMENT SALARY AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ON YOUR OWN?
Implementation of the 1C: SHRM 3 system is not always an easy task. When it comes to a small enterprise with typical business processes and a moderately modified information system, one specialist can handle the transition, following the manufacturer’s instructions, together with the employees of the payroll and personnel departments.
What is to be done when the size of the enterprise is much larger, the number of employees is hundreds, and the requirements for implementing business processes for calculating salaries and human resource management are not trivial, and information systems are greatly modified over time and contain a large amount of accumulated data?
In this case, the initialization of the 1C: SHRM implementation project has no alternative. Since any implementation of the system of regulated accounting is tied to precisely defined dates for the start of operation, a successful production launch of 1C: SHRM in a quality and timely manner requires carefully planning the implementation project.
1C: SHRM IMPLEMENTATION: GETTING STARTED
Almost always, any corporate implementation of 1C systems as part of IT projects begins with a preliminary survey of the current requirements and the used systems, in order to determine the deadlines and the amount of work performed. Next, the requirements for the project team are formed on the side of the Customer and the Contractor, and budgets and the project management strategy are evaluated.
SPECIFICITIES TO BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT WHEN PLANNING A 1C: SHRM IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT
To simplify the analysis, we will not consider the transition from third-party information systems. Instead, we will consider the standard transition from 1C: SHRM 2.5 to 1C: SHRM 3.
- The analysis of the system improvements should identify functional gaps between the old and the new systems and, as part of the design documentation, it must be taken into account how the required functionality will be reproduced in the new system: will it be a revision or is it possible to fulfill the requirements by using typical functionality?In addition, it is recommended that, together with users, an analysis of the standard functionality of SHRM 2.5 and SHRM 3 be carried out regarding the difference in system methodology. Without these actions, the collection of requirements cannot be considered complete.
- Naturally, the beginning of the year is the ideal launch date for the salary accounting and personnel records system.It is with this approach that it is possible to make the transfer of opening balances by using the standard mechanism provided by the manufacturer – that is, by 1C Company. This option is the recommended one. Therefore, it is necessary to plan the project with a focus on launching the system at the beginning of the year
- As part of the preparation of the prototype system (modeling the business processes and finalizing critical functionality), it should be taken into consideration that the modifications should be divided into releases that are packages of improvements based on their diminishing priority for the system startup. Only in this way can one be sure that at the stage of preparing requirements it was possible to separate the essential from the non-essential.
- Naturally, prior to the preparation for real data transferring, it is necessary to train users on the prepared demonstration system. Training should be carried out on real data – this is the result of a test transfer of reference books – but using clear restrictions on the testing and training.The main task of this stage is to make sure that the functionality necessary for launching is operational and that users understand how to reflect their business processes in the new system
- The data are transferred using standard 1C mechanisms, while paying attention that additional verification is carried out regarding the transfer of the additional information and mutual settlements with employees. Even with large amounts of data, the typical transfer of information for calculating as per average and as per average for the SIF works very well.
- At the start of the new system operation, it is extremely important to conduct parallel accounting in the two systems at least within one month under the strict supervision of the implementation team consultants.It is within the framework of go-live support that the new practical knowledge of users is accumulated in a short time and all the shortcomings in setting up and finalizing the system are found and identified. The proof of the new program’s performance is the coincidence of payroll, accruals, deductions and taxes. The data of the two systems must match.
- The final stage of the project is the preparation and completion of regulated reporting forms. If there are no errors in the system, the reporting set should be filled in automatically.
All the steps above describe only one type of the project implementation of 1C: SHRM 3. In practice, it is more difficult, since it is not always necessary to switch from 1C: SHRM 2.5 or earlier versions of 1C, which have tools for transferring initial balances, as well as a whole set of processing methods to transfer problematic data. In particular, when it comes to switching from corporate systems of other manufacturers, such tools must be created from scratch.
Contact us if you are facing a difficult transition to 1C: SHRM 3. Our team has versatile experience in implementing SHRM 3. Possibly, we already have ready-made tools that would be perfect for your company.